Friday, September 5, 2008

Oprah's Refusal to Host Governor Sarah Palin On Her Show: Good Move?



Syreeta L. McNeal, CPA, JD

The Drudge Report announced today rumors circulating whether Oprah Winfrey would allow Republican Vice-Presidential Nominee Sarah Palin to be featured on her show. (Check the link: http://drudgereport.com/flash3os.htm) Well as the rumors circulated, Oprah stated the following in her official statement:

"The item in today's Drudge Report is categorically untrue. There has been absolutely no discussion about having Sarah Palin on my show. At the beginning of this Presidential campaign when I decided that I was going to take my first public stance in support of a candidate, I made the decision not to use my show as a platform for any of the candidates. I agree that Sarah Palin would be a fantastic interview, and I would love to have her on after the campaign is over."


I want to ask you, was this a good move for Oprah?

Oprah has publicly endorsed and campaigned for Senator Obama's presidency. She did receive a backlash from her largest consumers, white women, for her perceived shunning of Senator Clinton's presidential race in the Democratic primaries.

Does her refusal to feature Governor Palin worsen the divide that exists with her and her consumer base of white women or make it worse for Senator Obama's presidential ambitions?

Please post your comments on this blog.

Update: Media's response to Oprah's decline to interview Republican VP Nominee Sarah Palin


Is Oprah Biased? Host Won't Interview Palin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She has already sold her soul for Obama. She won't let anything stand in the way (that she can control) from her guy winning in November.

It is a shame that she won't recognize and interview and allow her audience to meet the first woman nominated by a major party on a presidential ticket in 24 year (and only the 2nd ever).

I have lost any remaining respect for Ms. Winfrey.